Original rainbow

Thursday, April 22, 2010 by B.H.
By B.H.

Me Rainbow
Prefers to be an original
Instead of trying to be like others
If I'm like others
That's only by coincidence
For I take joy in being original
For a lot of the ways of today
Doesn't suit me
I prefer long sleeved shirts
Even in summer,
And my traditional suits
I like regular drinking glasses
But I like drinking out of jars even better
My idea of a good time
Does not involve smoking
Or getting high
I enjoy the company of people's canines
But I prefer my pet felines
I like a good magazine article or a book
But knowing the God's Book takes a higher priority to me
Though I admit I am not as good about reading
As I need be
I, in the summer
Came to enjoy healthy eating
Over the not-so-healthy eating
But a recent sickness got me
Falling off the bandwagon
The youth at heart
I Enjoy cartoons
And Naruto
As much as little kids do
I drink so rare
I prefer sweet tea
And juice
And water
Over soda
And simple is my choice
When at local restaurants
I'm not much a TV person
I tend to only watch one hour a week
If even that
Not counting sometimes watching sports
I don't do movies
Not for some time
Unless I watch with others.
But I do love myself for my video games
And my Prince of Persia and his sword
And Sands of time, The forgotten sands.

Posted in From: | 4 Comments »

4 comments:

Tazeen said...

Made me smile. Read few other old poems. And although I should be sleeping right now, I can't help drool at the sight of so many unread things here. I'm not even reading twice. Just once. I want to memorize it all.

B.H. said...

I miss those days for the serenity. True peace of mind. Innocence. I've learnt a lot about the world in one year. *grins* You've surprised me by commenting on my very old posts. Really. =D

Tazeen said...

I think I surprised myself. :P

B.H. said...

=D

Post a Comment