If I could Bribe Her by a Daisy

Monday, December 27, 2010 by B.H.
If I could bribe her by a daisy
I’d pick the fairest of all –
From Potwar plateau to Cashmere
Bereft she was –– of what I know not
A splash of blue –– a sprinkle of violet
Formed her evenfall that knew no night
And she fell like a night –
She fell like the rain and the stars
Like the snow flakes –– of the Yule
Like the autumn leaves –– of a maple tree
Like the petals –– from a “sorry rose”
Like the teardrops –– from the beauteous eyes
And perished in the dappled grass ––
The grass once she walked through.
Amidst the December wood –– by the ebony
Therein – lies a blossom
A daisy – it must be
She found a star – a daisy it was
That did hoist her –– to chirk
And cheep…
That must end the night –
A night so dark and hazy
But who must’ve dropped the daisy?
Who oh who?
“I bribed her by a daisy.”

–– B.H.

11 comments:

Tazeen said...

Oh my!

BH. My mouth just dropped open. This poem is wonderful beyond wonderful. Best I've read so far!

P.S.: You, Sir, are going to publish a poetry book. I don't know what you think about that and I don't care either but I want that book!


P.P.S: *Mouth still hangs open*

B.H. said...

Oh boy! I did not expect such a comment! ^^ So, I'm confused. Thank you, thankyou and thankyou! =o Haha Thankyou x3 always works! =P

P.S: You ma'am, will be reading one when you'll have three or four grandkids. =P

P.P.S: *Grins*

Tazeen said...

That's not going to work this time. :D

P.S.: No, no, no! *Corners you* I'm good at making threats.

P.P.S.: *Laughs*

Ph_ said...

Told you you can not keep away from poetry for long =p Ha ! :P :D
Umm... about the poem , I'm not being umm loyal ( lol :P ) or anything but I think it is very very beautiful =)
Excellent !

B.H. said...

@Tazeen! All right, all right. I will get atleast one trashy book published someday. Are we cool now? =)
Haha you make me laugh seriously! =P
P.S: I promise!

@Princess! Thank you ph. And just one quesion? You call it a poem? lol kya banay ga tumhara! Okay j/k
You were right. Bus... I just couldn't stay away.

Tazeen said...

Okay. Phew. That was easy, huh? Yeah, we're cooler than cool. :)

I do? *eyes narrowed* :P

P.S.: I take your word.

B.H. said...

Yeah, sometimes you do. =)

Ph_ said...

I am not as good in the language you know :S =/ Kabhe beizti kerne ka koe chance miss bhe ker dia kero =p
And hmm mention not :)

B.H. said...

Aww I knew it. Princess, it IS a poem. I said, "you were right" which means you won! =)
I was just joking. No pun was intended. And who said you're not good? You're amazing trust me. =) I don't lie.

Ph_ said...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ......=p Me ne kub kuch kaha :P I was joking naa ! =D
And as for being good part *wide grin* thank you very much =)
But not as good as you *Mashallah* =)
Shukria again :D

B.H. said...

Haha okay then. =)

Post a Comment