Haiku'd Birthday

Sunday, May 23, 2010 by B.H.


I had the best/cheapest birthday ever yesterday, and my day was constantly interrupted by my siblings' and a friend's creativity. And then my haiku challenge was accepted by my bro, cousin sis, dad and by a friend and they did not disappoint me. The response was so good, So, I decided to post all haiku here. Haha Billz rocked the challenge and then waris bagged 2nd position Aimz 3rd and Dad 4th! :D

So another year falls
Of my traveller-like life with
Some deeds undone

***pardon me, If I've breached 5-7-5 uncool syllable rule***




My bro Bilawal's:

Aren’t you so fancy
To think of this little game?
Here, I’ll humor you

In vain I create
Something great so I can win
I’m competitive

Birthday cheers to you
This is your gift by the way
So enjoy it now

I could get mushy
Really, what would be the point?
You know how I feel

I’d write like you
But sigh it is my vacation
So my brain’s shut off

Instead I’ll just write
Bro, you always rock my world
Now repeat after me



Waris':

I’ll try to be cool
with a fun birthday greeting
that rhymes a bit too!

Aimz's:

Another year young
Loved by family and friends
Happy Birthday bro

Dad's:
A Birthday Haiku
That is a dumb idea
I shall not do it

I dislike haiku
I wish you wouldn’t want it
Still, Happy Birthday


My dad's haiku was really fun, We were litterally rolling on floor laughing out loud, These deeds of love mean a lot to me :D How can I ever thank/repay you guys for making this day so special for me! specially my dad, I Love my dad more than any thing!! *heart*
And since it was my birthday... So I penned a quick written kind of poem last night as well...
.
.
Year Fall- Saal Gira
.
Thus another year of my traveller-like life falls down,
With some deeds undone, few words unsaid,
Wafted away with whispering winds and dried leaves
Took away my living togetherness and dying lonliness
Every moment passing - my journey towards a house
A house that is mere a pile of clay - my grave - my home
Like others around this year knew no loyalty -
For It also left- with some stars unseen, some tears unshed...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)
Though the asli wali is a while away, heres wishing you an awesomamazing B.day, B.H! Sending a bunch of heartfelt prayers along.

Stay smiling~

B.H. said...

Awww, why thank you anon! =) I'm flattered to find out that somewhere in the world someone knows that it's my official b'day! *grins wide* See the gleaming smile? =)

Tazeen said...

I had to tell you. I laughed after reading Bill's poem till the end. :D

B.H. said...

Yes, it was an amazing day, they didn't even remember it ab initio but then I told them myself it was my b'day, so it all started real late. They couldn't do much in such a small time, but whatever. =D

Post a Comment