The Art of Forgetting

Friday, October 8, 2010 by B.H.

It has been days and days –– this daze –– I’m faced with and yet I am not able to aerify this solider-than-rock, more saturated than pain –– pain of burning skin state. The question that my braincase eludes in response to my question is that what the question is. Maybe it is sometimes futile to ask this scummy organ.

It seems I’ve lost something, my sun, my winter sun, the beautiful sun, the only sun. Every single glorious vision from my mind as if –– have perched away.

It’s like an infant thought with no unity in ideas, just swinging strands, a fabric woven by an amateur, like an abstraction.

I lost my fantasies –– my fantasies with you –– which were ineffable. Dreams that we wove together, the reason – we woolgathered for. We kept on weaving ruby dreams side by side, shoulder to shoulder in perfections. The dewy green grass of a glimmering morning –– that needs bare feet to feel alive, we walked on it and had a talk about dewdrops on lilies, remember? –– it seems blurry and misty now. The relief –– that slows my pulse down after the racing as if I may have seen life without you, I lost. It races now –– as if it has been challenged to race, and at times it slows down to zero.

We are all strong that’s why we are surviving.

Let me forget and survive.

I vivified you with my eyes closed and brought you as close to me as I could, and faced you, faced the blastoffs (pleasant and unpleasant) you had in store, you did everything you could, and then I pushed you away with the palms of my both hands, as far as I could with all the power I had, and transformed you into logs. I transformed you into everything –– deserted. Memory destroyed.

I have forgotten.

Brain? Check!
Senses? Check!
Reasons? Check!
Health? Check!
Goals? Check!
Wit? Check!
Dreams? Uncheck!

*takes a deep breath*

Ah, I can inhale the oxygen now. Good, I can breathe. I guess I’m okay now. =)

8 comments:

Tazeen said...

If losing your dreams means that we'll get to read these brilliant pieces of literature, then I say, go lose some more! =P

No, seriously. That's sad... but I enjoyed reading this. (A)

B.H. said...

=) Tazeen, You are too kindhearted to say that, you know. And I like that you didn't pity me! =D Otherwise it would have been a bit offensive. =D The last line of your comment alone can make it my favorite comment. =P And Thank you for that. =)

Anonymous said...

=)

Memory destroyed.

B.H. said...

=) I tried.

Anonymous said...

WHOA! That was ____ly ______ic! Fill in as u wish :p I don't have words to complement like always :d

B.H. said...

Badly horrific? =P Um, I get it, don't worry I'm kidding. =) n Thanks Xehra =D

Princess said...

Excellent ! Well written !
I have no more words to add =D

B.H. said...

Thank you! =)

Post a Comment