Wake-Up Call

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 by B.H.

I like how a lavender-crimson-red evening swirls away ––
Like that kite in folly –– eludes with the gale
Out of the reach – it floats – just as hope… so far
Like that only dainty pearl –– a whole star
As bumpy as a tarn, as prim as a skylark,
Sparking in the heavens as a solitary mark

I carved a heart in the wood – where I had come
And carved your name which shone like the sun
To my gratification, I ran my hands on it
Until night –– till the scar got imprinted

And now I behold the sky in evenfall,
It’s blurred…
I flapped my hand before the eyeball,
I rubbed…
But mayhap some stars in the whole sky––
Are too shallow for the reach of my sight…

–– B.H.

6 comments:

Tazeen said...

This is beautiful. *sigh*

P.S.: I like the new layout. A lot.

B.H. said...

Thank you so much Emma Watson! =D
And ...I'll change the layout real soon! =) I hate it. =D

Princess said...

Ok to be honest the poem would have gone so good with the older theme ! It doesn't capture the mood in this one =S
In its own , it is a very beautiful thought ! :)

B.H. said...

*stares* =/ I kind of, sort of, maybe, maybe, want to really change it now. =P And... Thank you Princess! =)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

this is super clever.
keep rocking.

B.H. said...

Thank you Jingle. =)

Post a Comment